The AAA Board is calling for Expressions of Interest from interested AAA members for the Future National Shows Working Group. The Future National Shows Working Group has been established to recommend a position to the Board on all aspects of feasibility for future AAA national halter shows. This includes all aspects of the show including volunteers, location, co-badging, public attendance, auctions etc.
The Board is seeking to appoint members to this group. We encourage any member to apply where they have a desire to actively contribute to this important area of the AAA. The group is a maximum of five members and will comprise of at least one board member, one member of the SJC, and two members of the AAA.
Selection criteria will include:
- Irreproachable ethics with the ability to be objective and make decisions in the best interest of the industry
- Approachable with excellent communication skills
- Understanding of alpaca shows
- Sound business acumen including budgeting skills
- Access to email and available for video conference meetings as required
- Critical and strategic thinking skills
This working group is envisaged to have a lifespan of 3 (three) months and at the end of that time will make a recommendation to the AAA Board.
If you are passionate about the alpaca industry and can contribute to the working group, please contact the AAA CEO, Amanda Olthof for further information and the committee charter.
Expressions of Interest for positions on the working group should include an outline of relevant experience to meet the selection criteria, should be directed to Amanda Olthof (email@example.com) by close of business 20/08/2021.