Guidance for Life Membership Nomination/Award
Honorary Life Members shall be members of the Australia Alpaca Association who, through long and distinguished service, have made an outstanding contribution to the Association and/or the
development of the alpaca breed. The contribution, commitment and loyalty and involvement by the member is to be exceptional and clearly demonstrated over a number of years. It is the highest award that can be bestowed in the organisation. A Life Membership is presented at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) by the President of the Association or at a AAA occasion as deemed appropriate by the AAA Board. Except in exceptional circumstance, no more than one Life Membership will be awarded in any one year.
Nominations must be in writing using the nomination form, signed by three financial members of the Association. The AAA Board will consider all nominations; and be responsible for the awarding of the Life Membership. (Please refer to the application form attached) Nominations are be held in confidence by all parties for the duration of the process. Nominations must be received by the AAA Chief Executive Officer by 30 June.
Criteria which may, but is not limited, be considered when nominating a member for a Life Membership are:
• Length of service of at least 15 years +.
• Sustained contribution to the industry in terms of time, effort and commitment within a scope of national achievement recognisable by the whole membership.
• Active participation and involvement which has resulted in the enhancement / progress of the industry
• Development and completion of a successful project which has resulted in the enhancement of our industry.
• Leadership role within the Region and / or at a National level.
• Positive promotion of the industry.
• Have enthusiastically been an advocate and ambassador for the AAA.
Nominations close 30 June
More information – https://alpaca.asn.au/life-membership/